Senior Software Engineer
A Rakuten-owned company, Fits Me helps clothing brands and retailers to meet their most pressing challenge: the need to know their shoppers on an individual basis. Combined with other retail data, Fits Me’s detailed, individual, and collective consumer measurements and fit preference insights help retailer and brands to create personalized brand experiences at every customer touchpoint, and to address challenges right across their business: from individual transactions, to personalised marketing, to supply chain and innovation, to operations.
Through its portfolio of SaaS solutions, Fits Me captures shopper dimensions, fit preference data and insight, enabling leading apparel brands and retailers to engage with their shoppers, deliver personalised brand experiences at all customer touch points and enjoy critical operational insight.
The Senior Software Engineer will develop and maintain software to continually enhance and support Fits Me’s products and business. You will work as a senior member of an agile team, with a range of technologies, covering the full back-end to front-end stack, ensuring accurate and high-quality results through analysis, design, coding, documentation, test and support activities.
- To work as a member of the development team to deliver all solutions to the required standards, including documentation, prototypes and demos.
- To understand current system capabilities and development areas and produce code to support future growth and ease of use.
- To stay aware of technology trends and recommend tools, technologies and approaches to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the engineering team.
- To ensure delivery of applications and technical design specifications to an expert level while meeting project deadlines.
- To be an active member of the agile development team, participating in its processes and seeking to continuously improve them.
- To lead or work as part of a project team, mentoring more junior members of the team as required.
- To communicate with all members of the Fits Me team, technical and non-technical, to ensure that software is fit for purpose and meets business requirements.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Fluent in English and Estonian.
- Good academic background in a computer related degree or equivalent.
- Solid, demonstrable experience in a commercial development environment.
- Excellent experience of OOP and n-tier systems design and development methodology.
- Excellent knowledge of web development technologies and principles, including ASP.Net, MVC, HTML and CSS.
- Excellent experience in C# development, ideally .Net 4.5 and above.
- Excellent knowledge of relational database design and SQL development (preferably MS TSQL), including stored procedures.
- Expert understanding of REST and SOA principles.
- Experience of using Visual Studio and source control systems.
- Experience of continuous delivery principles and technologies, preferably TeamCity and Octopus Deploy.
What we offer:
- Opportunity for significant personal growth in a technology company in one of the hottest E- commerce sectors.
- Senior executive exposure and direct influence on key decisions.
- Start-up atmosphere and pace, but security of backing by large investor.
- High level of autonomy in a supportive environment
- Competitive and rewarding salary package.
- Friendly, hardworking international team of passionate people .
- Conveniently located offices in London, Brighton, Estonia and Tokyo .