A Rakuten-owned company, Fits Me helps clothing brands and retailers to meet their most pressing challenge: the need to know their shoppers on an individual basis. Combined with other retail data, Fits Me’s detailed, individual, and collective consumer measurements and fit preference insights help retailer and brands to create personalized brand experiences at every customer touchpoint, and to address challenges right across their business: from individual transactions, to personalised marketing, to supply chain and innovation, to operations.
Through its portfolio of SaaS solutions, Fits Me captures shopper dimensions, fit preference data and insight, enabling leading apparel brands and retailers to engage with their shoppers, deliver personalised brand experiences at all customer touch points and enjoy critical operational insight.
The Software Engineer will develop and maintain software to continually enhance and support Fits Me’s
products and business. You will work in an agile team, with a range of technologies, covering the full back-end to front-end stack, ensuring accurate and high-quality results through analysis, design, coding, documentation, test and support activities.
- To work as a member of the development team to deliver all solutions to the required standards, including documentation, prototypes and demos.
- To understand current system capabilities and development areas and produce code to support future growth and ease of use.
- To ensure delivery of applications to a professional level while meeting sprint deadlines.
- To be an active member of the agile development team, participating in its processes and seeking to continuously improve them.
- To communicate with all members of the Fits Me team, technical and non-technical, to ensure that software is fit for purpose and meets business requirements.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Fluent in English and Estonian.
- Good academic background in a computer related degree or equivalent.
- Good demonstrable experience in a commercial development environment.
- Good knowledge/experience of OOP and n-tier systems design and development methodology.
- Good knowledge of web development technologies and principles, including ASP.Net, MVC, HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of REST and SOA principles.
- Good experience in C# development, ideally .Net 4.5 and above.
- Good knowledge of relational database design and SQL development (preferably MS TSQL), including stored procedures.
- Experience of using Visual Studio and source control systems.
- Able to work independently, possesses a flexible attitude and good communication skills.
- Knowledge/experience of Agile development methodologies.
- Strong appreciation/experience of working with an E-commerce environment within a development role.
- Experience of continuous delivery principles and technologies, preferably TeamCity and Octopus Deploy.
- Knowledge/experience of dependency injection managers/inversion of control containers (such as Unity or MEF).
- Knowledge/experience of developing within AWS and Azure.
- Knowledge/experience of C# mocking frameworks, Unit tests, TDD and BDD.
What we offer:
- Opportunity for significant personal growth in a technology company in one of the hottest E- commerce sectors.
- Senior executive exposure and direct influence on key decisions.
- Start-up atmosphere and pace, but security of backing by large investor.
- High level of autonomy in a supportive environment.
- Competitive and rewarding salary package.
- Friendly, hardworking international team of passionate people.
- Conveniently located offices in London, Estonia and Tokyo.